Easton Community Access Television (ECAT) is a private, non-profit corporation created in 2009 to build and oversee the operation of the Public, Educational and Government access cable television channels in the Town of Easton, MA.
ECAT seeks a highly motivated, creative, and technically skilled leader, who has the vision to build community through media. ECAT is looking for a talented, energetic, and driven individual who can manage all facets of a non-profit communications corporation and is an effective leader and team player with great interpersonal skills that can outreach and interact with all members of the community. The Executive Director reports directly to the ECAT Board of Directors
ECAT’s mission is to develop and produce educational, cultural and information community programming for the Town of Easton, MA and to provide an electronic forum for the free exchange of information and ideas which reflect the talents, interests concerns and diversity of Easton residences
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or five years’ experience in responsible community access television positions
- Management experience with educational, government and/or public access operation
- High degree of technical knowledge of community access broadcast operations and transmission
- Proficiency in studio video program production, studio lighting, editing and streaming technologies
- Multi-camera remote production management both live and live to tape experience
- Experience with ongoing development and maintaining a website and social media which include video blogging, podcasting, and other rich media applications as they evolve.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and orchestrate the video production activities of diverse groups of individuals, agencies, organizations, and businesses
- Teach video production skills to high school and/or college students and members of the community
- Ability to effectively manage the organization's material, fiscal, and personnel records
- Development and adherence to approved operating and capital budgets
- Operating office software knowledge including Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated solid working relationships with local government, vendors, and members of the community
- Good Presentation skills with good oral/written communications
- Create, maintain, educate, set goals for, and effectively manage a staff of employees
- Ongoing recruitment and education of volunteers.
- Develop internship and educational programs from local schools and colleges
- Actively work with the community to cover events, create, produce and promote new programming
- Initiate and grow membership efforts that generate sources of revenue and create a greater awareness of ECAT in the community
- Maintain ECAT’s timely presence on its website as well as social media which include Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Maintain relationships with local cable television providers ensuring proper distribution and operation of all access channels.
- Knowledge of media, new technology, and industry trends keeping ECAT on the technological front
- Maintain relationship with landlord, vendors and contractors ensuring compliance with leases and agreements and ensure ECAT obtains best services at the best rates
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures. Implement quality control processes and record-keeping to monitor and document equipment functionality and broadcast signal quality.
- Create and adhere to annual capital and operating budgets
- Develop, manage, and report monthly to the Board of Directors on budgets and overall operations
- Maintain official records, documents, and personnel records
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Serve as the primary staff liaison to the Board of Directors and support Board meetings
- Primary spokesperson, representative, and advocate for the organization, staying well informed of media news, new technology, and industry trends
- Develop a Strategic Vision and Direction along with the Board of Directors
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Full-time, exempt position located in Easton, MA
- Annual salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Paid time-off for vacation, sick, and personal days
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement plan with a company match
ECAT is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promoting, or any other employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, military service or application for military service, veteran or disability status.
All submissions must be received no later than by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, July 3.
Interested candidate should email resume, samples, and two letters of recommendation in pdf form to Lee McGinnis, ECAT Interim Board President: firstname.lastname@example.org.